The history of dental medicine goes back thousands of years, but fortunately, the tools and techniques involved have continued to evolve and improve over time. Dr. Kelly Halle-Brown utilizes innovative dental technology to help patients at Upper Bucks Dental Arts.
Our technology can make your visit easier and faster and even considerably lessen your recovery time. We are dedicated to continually providing you and your family with the highest available care. We’re here to meet your dental needs and provide you with a comfortable and pleasant dental experience each time you visit.
Dental Technology in Quakertown, PA
Our dental technology includes several cutting-edge tools, equipment, techniques, and materials we use at our office to ensure you receive high-quality, gentle care. In addition, Dr. Halle-Brown has obtained the necessary training to utilize advanced dental technology to enhance your oral health in our Quakertown, PA office.
We offer AIR-FLOW® Therapy, an air polishing treatment that removes harmful biofilm from above and below the gum line to improve your oral health and help you achieve a more beautiful smile. This air polishing technique uses water, compressed air, and fine glycine powder particles to clean your teeth thoroughly.
By using glycine particles instead of traditional air polishing powders, Dr. Halle-Brown can provide you with a more powerful and comfortable treatment than regular air polishing.
Dr. Halle-Brown may recommend AIR-FLOW therapy to clean your teeth before cavity detection, fluoride application, or teeth whitening treatments.
AIR-FLOW therapy is also helpful in the following ways:
- Maintaining implants
- Cleaning teeth before dental bonding, sealants, and placing restorations or braces
- Gently and effectively cleaning restorations (such as crowns and veneers)
- Effectively cleaning the teeth of patients who wear braces
- Removing stains on the teeth
Some benefits of receiving AIR-FLOW therapy include the following:
- A faster and more efficient treatment
- Superior results and cleaner teeth and gums
- Increased comfort
- Reduced tooth sensitivity
Our office uses airway imaging for sleep apnea treatment to fully understand the structure of your airway and the nature of your problem. We may also combine that information with your home sleep study data to find a sleep apnea solution designed specifically to meet your needs.
Airway imaging can be an important step in treating your sleep apnea and improving your sleep and overall health. This simple, non-invasive process employs cone-beam technology to create a three-dimensional image of your airway and the tissues and structures that can impact your breathing.
Cephalometric X-rays are a type of extraoral imaging, meaning that nothing is inserted into your mouth. Instead, we capture images using a panoramic X-ray device. This device is specially adapted with a film holder mounted on a mechanical arm. The arm rotates around your head, capturing images of your entire oral structure, including the nasal and sinus passageways.
This method gives us a comprehensive view of your jaw, mouth, and head, ensuring you receive the most precise and effective treatment possible.
Benefits of cephalometric X-rays include:
- A view of the side profile of your face
- Pictures of the jaw in relation to the cheekbone
- Easy measurement of the teeth in preparation for implant placement
- Quick and accurate identification of fractures and other injuries to your teeth and jawbone
- More information about bad bite
- Images are magnified up to 30%, making it easy to diagnose decay, disease, or injury
- More effective planning of treatments
- Reduced radiation exposure compared to regular digital X-rays
Planmeca Same-Day Crowns
CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) is a versatile technology that can be used in a variety of restorative treatments. Using CAD/CAM technology, Dr. Halle-Brown can design and create a variety of restorations, including fillings, veneers, and porcelain crowns, as well as plan a more precise and effective treatment to meet your needs.
State-of-the-art equipment allows us to produce any single-tooth restoration on the same day as your procedure. Using CAD/CAM, you can complete your appointment in one day rather than stretching out your treatment over two or more visits to our office.
During your appointment, we will:
- Examine your teeth to determine an appropriate treatment plan
- Remove any weakened or decayed tooth material
- Capture a digital picture of your mouth
- Convert the picture into a 3-D model on the computer screen using CAD/CAM software
- Create your restoration using the 3-D model
- Immediately mill your restoration from a block of material that matches the color of your natural teeth
Within a few minutes, your new restoration will be complete! Dr. Halle-Brown will check to ensure that the restoration fits properly. Then she will polish and bond the restoration into place.
Sidexis 4 Software 3-D imaging
Cone beam 3-D technology is an imaging system that provides Dr. Halle-Brown with a three-dimensional image reconstruction of your teeth, mouth, jaw, neck, ears, nose, and throat. We may use dental cone beam 3-D imaging to:
- Plan dental implant placement
- Evaluate the jaws and face
- View the head and neck as a comprehensive whole
- Diagnose tooth decay (cavities) and other dental problems
- Detect endodontic problems and plan root canal therapy
- Analyze dental and facial trauma
- Plan and evaluate the progress of orthodontic treatment
- Visualize abnormal teeth
- Assess a TMJ disorder
Cone beam 3-D imaging is effective for diagnosing and evaluating dental conditions, as well as planning treatments. One of the advantages of 3-D cone beam technology is that it provides Dr. Halle-Brown with a more comprehensive view of the mouth and supporting structures than digital X-rays.
X-Guide 3-D Navigation
We are pleased to offer computer-guided implant surgery, which is one of these state-of-the-art treatments. As the name suggests, this treatment utilizes computer software and computed tomography (CT) 3-D imaging to aid in dental implant placement. This helps to ensure that we achieve accurate, optimal placement for a tooth replacement that is strong and long-lasting.
Schedule Your Dental Appointment Today
Are you looking for a dental office that provides state-of-the-art care? Call Upper Bucks Dental Arts at (215) 876-0543 or request a dental consultation with Dr. Halle-Brown on our website.